Company OverviewLive Planet, Inc. develops infrastructural technologies to enable next-generation video applications. Live Planet was founded by serial entrepreneur Halsey Minor, who to date has founded or co-founded technology companies that have created over $100 billion in cumulative value, including: CNET, Uphold, Salesforce, Google Voice, OpenDNS, and Vignette.Live Planet's solutions include:The Live Planet VR System: the only end-to-end capture, distribution, and monetization system for immersive video. The Live Planet System makes it easy, practical, and affordable to create and deliver stereoscopic VR and 360° video, whether live or recorded, allowing creators to focus on their productions and applications. (www.LivePlanet.net) The VideoCoin Network: video infrastructure for a blockchain-enabled Internet. The VideoCoin Network is a decentralized video encoding, storage, and content distribution system that turns all cloud-based video services into an efficient algorithmic market running on a new blockchain with a native protocol token, the VideoCoin. (www.VideoCoin.io)
- We are looking for a seasoned and ambitious Product Manager to drive and manage the product roadmap for our VideoCoin Network.
- Work on defining the product roadmap to bring video streaming infrastructure to a blockchain powered, decentralized model
- Define, communicate and champion the product vision and strategy to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with and engage engineering leaders both within our company and within the open source blockchain community
- Understand the platform, services, and features
- Define, track and interpret key business metrics to track overall product success
- Identify and evaluate industry trends, new service ventures and new technologies as they relate to new product development
- Work closely with a globally distributed team
- Work closely with customers to identify customer and market needs, define use cases and establish user personas
- Own the product roadmap, lead the product feature planning process and work closely with engineering to ensure successful delivery
- Define, track and interpret key business metrics to track overall product success
- Understand the market and competition, and develop product and competitive positioning
- M.S./B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years Product Management experience, most of which has been spent on deeply technical SaaS products
- Must be experienced with Blockchain technologies. Knowledge of Ethereum protocol strongly desired
- Experience with Video Streaming and Video streaming infrastructure
- Live video streaming experience like RTMP, HLS and MPEG-DASH
- Experience with different consensus protocols and real-world implementations
- Has deep ecosystem knowledge of blockchain technologies and tool chains
- Experience working with open source technologies a strong plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with constantly evolving, decentralized, diverse teams
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to write clearly and interact well with all levels of audience.
- An understanding of software development and ability to work closely with Technology teams in scheduling functional and non-functional requirements
- High emotional intelligence and the ability to empathize with users
- Experience coaching, motivating, and giving feedback to a team of developers
- Ability to organize, sort and act upon complex information quickly
- Ability to thrive in an exciting team environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement
- Collaborative by nature; willingness to give and receive feedback
- Open to learning; flexible to the project you are working on
- Comfortable with ambiguity; welcomes the challenge of developing new ideas and approaches in a semi-unstructured environment
Scott's Cheap Flights
Immediately upon hire, you'll...
- Immerse yourself in Scott's Cheap Flights and be able to speak to our mission, culture, and company, becoming a fantastic first point of contact for our candidates
- Put into place job posting and sourcing strategies to assure robust pipelines
- Perform full cycle recruitment while maintaining a fantastic candidate experience
- Work closely with hiring managers and stakeholders to develop job descriptions and accurate candidate profiles to fit our business needs
- Establish hiring reports and metrics to share with the team on a regular basis
In the longer term, you'll...
- Examine and improve upon our existing hiring processes by identifying areas of opportunity, bottlenecks, and strengths we need to be capitalizing on.
- Partner with stakeholders to strategize on future hiring needs.
- Run training workshops for the internal team to bolster our interview skills to make sure we're being as effective as possible.
- Fully own the hiring process for the following roles: Head of Marketing; Senior Backend Engineer; Senior Frontend & Mobile Engineer;
- Senior Product Designer; Senior User Acquisition Manager.
What you bring to the table
- 4+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience with a minimum of two years in house with startups, from a req's inception to negotiating and closing a candidate
- Experience recruiting for a wide range of roles simultaneously, both technical and non technical
- A proven track record of building and continually refining recruiting processes
- Business and technical acumen that allows you to partner with stakeholders in strategic recruiting initiatives
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with a remote team, and passion for travel
- Authorization to work in the United States, and a large overlap in working hours with Pacific Time
About Scott's Cheap FlightsScott’s Cheap Flights is on a mission to enable people to travel and experience the world. We’re so much more than crusaders for cheap flights, and our numbers prove it:
- 2 million+: Members to date, growing every day.
- 100%: Our average year over year revenue growth.
- $100 million: Amount our deals have helped members save.
- 263,009: Miles our most prolific member has traveled.
- 50+: Number of proposals have happened on SCF trips… that we know of.
- Countless: Memories and stories created through our members’ trips.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Structuring content through building content models, taxonomies and metadata definitions
- Leading client discovery onsite, gathering details and organized data about the current state and desired future state
- Educating clients on the value of intelligent content, workflows around Content Engineering, and related topics meant to build a client’s internal resources and capabilities
- Bridging the gap for clients between content strategy, the CMS platforms, operations, and other customer experience technologies
- Collaborate on information architecture and UX prototyping
- Determine schema strategy and structural rules
Skills We Are Looking ForNot all listed skills are required for this role. We are looking for somebody who is experienced in some of the following areas.
- Exceptional writing, facilitation, and communication skills (required)
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated (required)
- Collaborate well across distributed team (required)
- Experience with content models, taxonomies, schemas, adaptive content
- Experience with any/all of the following: marketing software, content management systems (CMS), customer experience management systems (CEM), DITA, SEO, the semantic web
Cultural Fit at [A]
- You love learning, you love teaching.
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and roles, and titles are not important to you.
- You do top-quality work, manage quality, and make everything you touch better.
- You are comfortable working under strict confidentiality agreements and often behind-the-scenes.
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well.
- You work alone well but communicate well within a team.
[A] is the Content Intelligence Service.[A] is a distributed, private, professional services firm that provides strategic support for building content intelligence practices into organizations. [A] helps complex organizations establish content engineering standards and practices to compete in a multichannel, multimodal, AI-driven world.[A] engineers intelligent content systems for CMS/CEM platforms, and offers integration, training, workshops and custom development. [A] helps clients value content as an enterprise asset, and enables future-ready content through use of the Master Content Model.What’s Your Name, [A]gain?Our name is easy. Just say “A.” The [A] brackets represent markup, microdata, content intelligence. The letter “[A]” represents the start, initiation, beginning of change. We are going to help change the world with intelligent content.
[A] Team BenefitsBeing an [A]gent comes with its benefits. Work from anywhere. Advance your career on the leading-edge of the content and technology sciences. Earn a competitive salary, and for longtime [A]gents, participation in a profit-sharing plan. But many [A]gents find the best part of working as an [A]gent are the other [A]gents you work with and the culture at [A].We take care of each other and we honor each other's work and contributions to the team. We work to make ourselves better and our [A] team better. We make efforts to adapt new technologies and methodologies that can help us optimize our time, and we expect you to collaborate on these efforts if you’re an expert on any of those fields. We communicate and reach out to other [A] players. We love learning. We love teaching. We write. We code. We support each other. For the right people, working at [A] feels like coming home.Learn more about [A] at simplea.com.
Leadfeeder is a fast growing international SaaS startup, headquartered in Helsinki. We are on a mission to bring web intelligence into business. Simply put, Leadfeeder helps companies know more about their website visitors, which enables them to convert promising visitors into sales leads.We are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our team. You can either be based in Helsinki, Finland or work remotely (Europe).
- Think critically and engineer improvements to our data storage and processing
- Develop and maintain our data warehouse and data pipelining. Our current stack on AWS is: Redshift, S3, Glue, Lambda and Data Pipeline
- Work closely together with our analysts on advanced product and business analytics reporting
- Support and enable Software Engineers, SREs and Product Managers to use data more efficiently
- Use data to help us and our customers make better decisions.
We hope you have
- Good teamwork and communication skills (English)
- Strong understanding of database design and design patterns, both relational and non-relational
- Experience with AWS data storage and processing products such as Redshift, Data pipeline, AWS Glue, S3, etc.
- Experience with search servers such as Elasticsearch, Lucene, Solr, etc.
- Experience with standard UNIX tools
It’s even better if you have experience with
- Developing web applications
- Machine learning
- ELK stack
- Apache Kafka
- BI/Analytics tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio, Apache Zeppelin or others
- Web analytics
What we offer you
- Competitive base pay
- Work remotely from wherever you like
- An interesting and growing field of business
- Great support from your new colleagues
- The chance to work with cool and exciting technologies
- A chance to be part of the next Finnish success story
- Cool office in central Helsinki. Including bike storage.
- Fun events with the whole crew, including biannual team week.
- Perform DBA activities remotely with customers around the world
- Automate various DBA tasks
- Set up monitoring and other activities on customer servers
- Perform periodic health checks and reports on customer systems
- Participate in the community by blogging and other social media
- Ability to travel internationally for company-related meetings
- Help the MariaDB team build tools and enhancements around MariaDB
- Help improve practices and common methodologies for Remote DBA team
- Ability to be on-call as needed to guarantee customer SLAs.
- Passion for serving customers and solving technical problems
- Expert knowledge of MariaDB/MySQL and surrounding tools
- Experience in a 24×7 support environment
- Strong knowledge of SQL query writing and optimization
- Strong knowledge of database design, administration, and architecture
- In-depth knowledge of various high availability environments and technologies
- Proficient with multiple backup utilities (mydumper, MariaDB Backup, Xtrabackup, mysqldump, etc.)
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Comfortable working remotely
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Prior MariaDB, Percona, or MySQL Support Engineer experience
- Previous experience working remotely
- Proficient in one or more scripting language (bash, python, Go, etc)
- Sysadmin experience (Linux, Windows, etc)
- Working knowledge of other database systems (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, RDS/Aurora, MongoDB, etc)
- Contributions to open source software in the MariaDB/MySQL ecosystem
- Experience with other MariaDB products such as MaxScale, ColumnStore, Cluster/Galera, Clustrix, etc
- Proficient with virtualization software (Xen, Virtualbox, Vmware, etc.)
- Experience with cloud offerings
- Experience with automation tool sets
- Experience with containers
- MariaDB/MySQL monitoring software experience
- MariaDB and/or MySQL certifications
HOW TO APPLYIf you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to [email protected] MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
A Little About Us:Helpjuice is on a mission to being the #1 knowledge base platform in the world by creating and delivering software that changes people’s lives. We’re a small team that is very passionate about our product. We’ve been in business since 2011, our HQ is in Miami, but we all work REMOTE.
What You’ll Do
- Primarily be conducting demos/calls with existing Helpjuice customers, helping onboard them and answer any questions about the product and occasionally a technical question (e.g. Helpjuice API)
- Building lasting relationships with customers based of off meaning, not fluff & countless followups
- Looking at our CRM of customers to understand who could use some help with being onboarded better, as well as whom to follow up with and turn into a “hero”!
- Responding to support emails
We Are For You If:
- You like teams that work hard & smart, obsessed with helping customers and are truly passionate about their craft
- You want to love your job, and the people you work with
- You are passionate about working remotely, and self-motivated
- You’re eager to learn from a founder who has launched multiple companies & see it as a great learning opportunity; not just as a way to get paid to write code
A Bit About You (As A Person)
- You’re a learning machine, and consider it part of your many hobbies
- You are honest, work hard work immensely and have integrity
- You have hobbies outside of work
- You’d love to join a team full of creative & smart people you’ll learn from
- You are not looking for another job, but a career.
A Bit About Your Background
- You have 2+ years working extensively in Customer Success
- You are personable, and also (somewhat) technical
- You have been part of a remote team before / have freelanced for at least 2 years
- Familiarity with CRMs and meeting tools (Gotomeeting, Skype, Google Hangouts)
- Understanding of customer support software (ideally you would know what a knowledge base is!)
- You’re familiar with terms such as LTV, Churn, ARPU.
About GridiumGridium is a growing, venture-backed SaaS software provider for buildings. Our products help commercial property owners manage all aspects of their buildings, from energy to work orders. We serve buildings of every shape and size, deploying a range of statistical and machine learning techniques to help develop energy efficiency strategies, streamline operations, and delight tenants.Of course, spending time face-to-face is important, so once a quarter we pick a city and meet up for several days of highly productive and highly fun planning and doing (and eating and recreating). Past trips include Palm Springs, Breckenridge, Chicago, Austin, and more.We have a casual work environment where everyone’s ideas and opinions matter. We are committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are the basis for our success, we take great care and pride in how we attract, hire, and support our employees.
About the jobOur stack lives on AWS and includes Docker, Postgres, Java, Python, and Ember.js. For this role, we’re looking for someone with strong Java, Python, and relational database experience. You’ll take ownership of a large, complex Java code base supporting mission-critical production workloads. At the same time, you’ll participate in evolving our system for better resiliency, scalability, and transparency.You should be comfortable with consuming 3rd party APIs, ETL processes, data validation, and debugging across multiple systems. You should be able to make good decisions (and explain them!) about when to build something custom vs taking advantage of AWS and/or open source options.We are a small team, and you should expect to work closely with both engineers and non-technical staff. We need someone who is self-directed and a great problem-solver, but also able to ask good questions and collaborate effectively with teammates. For example, you might trace a data issue from a 3rd party API to a Java parsing task to a relational database, then explain what’s wrong and how to fix it.
- Do you enjoy a fast-moving startup environment?
- Are you a wizard at debugging services with lots of moving parts?
- Are you excited about what you can do with AWS products and services?
- Are you obsessed with data, and experienced with data modeling?
- Do you want to truly own the systems you work on?
- Are you comfortable working in a remote environment?
And of courseWe are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
RequirementsYou must have strong experience with Java, Python, and relational databases.You must currently live in, and have the legal right to work in, the United States. You must be available to travel for four days each quarter.
BenefitsWe are a distributed company, so all employees work remotely. Remote work allows us to find great people wherever they happen to be, and it allows you to structure your day flexibly and with minimal interruption so that you can get stuff done in the style that makes most sense for you.The position comes with salary, stock options, 401(k) match, a great health plan, vision, dental, generous parental leave, and a flexible vacation policy — we want you to take the time off you need so that you are happy and productive.
How to ApplySubmit a resume and cover letter here.Some tips to help you make the best use of your time:
- You must reside in the U.S. We do not hire internationally.
- We only consider applications submitted here. You will not receive a response if you contact us via email, telephone, Skype, or other means.
- We are not looking for outsourced development help.
- We do not work with recruiters.
Description:At RaiseMe, we imagine a world where every student has an opportunity to realize their college and career ambitions, and we believe that expanded access to education is the foundation of that future. We’re working to empower millions of students to build their personal path to college while making paying for it simpler and more transparent.
What would you do?
- Work closely with Partner Success Managers to create customized plans and micro-scholarship programs for our college and university partners, support their goals and drive urgency
- Develop plans for college partner meetings by researching partner relationship history, micro-scholarship programs, and enrollment goals
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to successfully implement, QA, and activate partner programs
- Develop analytical and storytelling ability by building custom dashboards and strategic business reviews with RaiseMe and partner data
- Ensure that Salesforce contains accurate account details and contact information for partners, and is updated regularly based on new information
- Manage and respond to inbound requests from current partners in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities to improve our product offering based on deep knowledge of our students’ and partners’ needs
- Work with the team on conference planning; prepare meetings and presentations, and assess attendee lists
- Have the opportunity to grow into a full account management position as a Partner Success Manager at RaiseMe with career development and progression
This job might be for you if you’re:
- A Doer: You are driven, self-motivated and a self-starter who brings your ideas to life and takes pride in results. You are resourceful and find ways to get things done regardless of the obstacles. You are not fearful of failure and realize that failure is often a step closer to figuring out what works. Taking on complex challenges excites you, even if you have to ask for help or spend some time figuring out where to begin.
- Organized: You are detail oriented and can handle having a variety of different projects on your plate at one time because you are good at keeping track of them. You can create a structure for yourself to be most successful.
- A Talented Communicator: You are a “people person” who enjoys communicating with people and has a strong awareness of those around you. You are thoughtful about the ways you communicate and the impact that may have on a client. You have the ability to sense when a conversation is progressing in a positive or negative way and have the confidence to address concerns. When you are passionate about a cause, you are able to rally everyone around you.
- Confident but Self-Critical: You are confident in your skills and the quality of your work product. At the same time, you are not afraid to ask for help and want to constantly be improving. You are looking for professional development and mentorship in order to reach your full-potential in your role.
- Mission-Driven: You want to use your talents to make the world a better place and you are in a rush to do it. You may have worked in education or ed-tech before or your desire to improve education may come through in other experiences from your life.
Who we are looking for:For the Partner Success Associate role, we are looking for someone with 1-3 years of experience in a client facing higher ed role (working in an admissions office is a plus). We are looking for candidates who are hungry to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment and who have a proven track record of success in their past roles and experiences. We are open to remote candidates from anywhere in the US, but candidates from San Francisco, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut are preferred.
What will success look like for you at RaiseMe?
- You will have learned quickly as a Partner Success Associate, grown professionally and personally, and progressed on the Partner Success team to take ownership of your own portfolio of partners.
- You have built metrics for success and set goals to expand the reach & potential of Raise.me partners’ micro-scholarship programs.
- University leaders and other partner organizations have come to depend on you as a trusted advisor.
- You have helped millions of students to achieve their potential and fulfill their college ambitions. The product and company you have helped build transform the way billions of dollars in financial aid are distributed each year.
- You have built strong relationships with senior leaders from top universities, corporations, and foundations across the country.
- You have helped build a category-defining company and have an attractive equity stake.
- You have learned a ton, met amazing people, developed your skills, and had a life-shaping experience.
Job Description:The Sure Oak Link-Building Strategist engages with website owners and bloggers to establish rapport with these contact and ultimately encourage them to share and backlink to our content. This requires emailing contacts from our database, sharing valuable content in these emails (infographics and articles), tracking any responses, and negotiating with contacts for backlinks.
Required Skills:- Friendly, helpful, conversational - Self-directed - Familiarity with Google Drive - Understanding of white hat SEO techniques - Experience working on link-building campaigns - Ability to strategize link-building campaigns based on unique client needs
Desired Skills:- Experience working on SEO outreach projects - Strong organizational skills - Persistent - Intuitive, communicative
Benefits:- Being part of an awesome, growing team - Flexible hours - Long-term and consistent work - Great experience and you will learn a lo - Training, mentoring, and education as needed
Why Work at Sure Oak?The Sure Oak team thrives on helping businesses grow while supporting each other. We are a completely remote team with members around the world. Though we do not get to see each other every day, we have developed a fun, forward-thinking culture through various forms of communication.
* Job SummaryYou will be involved in designing and developing new features, specifying how they will work, and coding them all the way through from the database structure and PHP, to HTML and JS. You will be expected to write stable and release-ready code.This is a remote position that can be performed in any timezone. Ideally full-time, but can also be part-time (20+ hrs/week).
* About You- Attention to detail - when adding new features, you think about, and write code that handles every possible edge case. - Regular communication - you must communicate effectively and in a timely manner. - Ability to work independently - you’re welcome to ask questions as often as necessary, but should be able to complete work on time without having to be chased. - Good UX/UI awareness - features must be easy to use and follow best practices. - Remote worker - you’re happy being part of a remote team, with Slack to keep connected, and with weekly team calls using Skype.
* Bonus Points- Experience of developing for AWS architectures - Experience with custom/vanilla PHP - Unit & browser based testing - Experience with social media APIs
* SalaryNegotiable, depending on expertise.
* How to applySend an intro email, along with your CV and code samples
* Tell us:- Why you’re interested in working on SmarterQueue, and how you would improve the platform. - What relevant experience you haveDon’t just send a generic cover letter or a lone CV - we want to know a little bit about who you are! We will only consider applications from individuals; no agencies or outsourced teams.We're currently a small team, spanning the UK, Canada, Europe, and Asia, and have built a product that people LOVE, and shout about. We’re actively looking for a diverse and gender-balanced team.Visit https://smarterqueue.com for more information about the product
POSSIBLE responsibilities will include:
- Developing a lifecycle marketing strategy to drive multi-channel marketing campaigns across all channels (including PPC, SEO, email, ABM, social, PR and events)
- Collaborating across departments and functions to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives.
- Creating and evolving an account-based marketing strategy to designed to resonate with potential high value leads and help exceed set MRR targets.
- Building a social marketing strategy to enhance Pearl Lemon’s social media presence on platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Optimising our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Taking full ownership of our events marketing strategy and identifying new opportunities to develop awareness of the brand within the cyber security industry.
- Regular reporting against defined KPI’s to highlight effectiveness of all campaigns against business goals.
- Line management and professional development of team members.
- Managing relationships with third-party suppliers and agencies.
Required skills and experience:
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proven people management track record.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and external suppliers.
- Proven experience of implementing successful (measurable ROI) content marketing strategies.
- Experience of partnering with Sales teams to implement successful ABM campaigns.
- Demonstrable experience delivering engaging event management strategies.
- Can deliver succinct campaign performance summaries backed by expert analytic capability.
- Incredibly fast learner.
- Learn Very Very Fast
- Work with TedX Speakers
- Work with ultramarathon runners, speakers of multiple languages
- Work with a fully digital and remote team across different timezones
- Build and grow entirely in the cloud
- International work-cations where we meet and work in a foreign country for a week
- Worst case - learn tons, get an amazing reference and move forward
- Best case - go full time, build your personal brand and work from anywhere in the world
- Take your digital skills you learn with us and apply to any job in any industry
Job DescriptionBack-end developer with solid experience in Java and AWSFlowplayer is now looking for an experienced Java developer to help further build the back-end of our video platform product that allow customers to upload, manage, publish and analyze videos and live streams.
What you will do -
- Build state of the art intelligent video applications that our customers love
- Contribute to the roadmap and evolve the product in line with overall company priorities
- Collaborate with customers to see how the product could be further improved to meet their explicit and implicit needs
- Work closely with the team building the front-end to design and implement the required functionality in an elegant and efficient way
- Gain understanding about current product functionality and architecture, and continue to build upon it and evolve the application
- Ensure the application is running in an efficient way on top of our AWS environment together with our operations team
We’d love it if you have -
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 5 years of development experience in Java object-oriented applications development working at a software company
- Strong Core Java and Java EE programming skills and Object-Oriented design skills
- Strong experience working in AWS and setting up, maintaining and scaling services
- Experience designing, building and testing REST API’s and designing micro services
- Experience designing database schemas for enterprise solutions
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Professional experience with GIT, CircleCI, TravisCI, test frameworks
- Value an engineering culture rooted in collaboration, humility, trust, responsibility, and learning Excellent communication skills in English
Bonus points -Experience in video related technologies
Location -We offer the possibility to either work from one of our current offices, set up a new one, or work remotely. Today approximately 50% of our employees work remotely Offices in US (New York, Washington), UK (London), Finland (Helsinki, Turku) and Sweden (Stockholm)
About Flowplayer -Flowplayer is one of the most used video technologies on the web with approximately 1 million sites using the player and/or platform and estimated more than a billion people seeing video through Flowplayer every month. We are passionate about building great products and thrive on solving difficult problems as a team. We offer the ability to work either in our offices (US, UK, Finland, Sweden, Germany, Portugal) or remotely. Flowplayer is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer