At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.We are looking for an experienced Global Benefits Manager based in Europe who will help us ensure we continue to support Elastic’s globally distributed employee base and their families with competitive and regionally focused benefits.
What You Will Be Doing:This is a global role with a growing team! You will evaluate our current benefits offerings as well as conduct benchmarking and needs assessments to ensure we are providing competitive and valuable benefits to our employees globally. You will lead the design and be responsible for the administration of health care coverage plans across EMEA and Asia-Pacific/Japan. In addition, you will partner with our VP, Global Compensation and our US benefits broker on our US benefits strategy.In addition, you will:
- Collaborate with various benefits brokers globally, research and recommend benefits and wellness initiatives by understanding employee needs/wants as well as benchmarking regionally
- Conduct benefits briefings with local broker/HR partners where applicable
- Make sure we are current and compliant with local legal requirements
- Work closely with HR Generalists who support the regions to administer healthcare plans and evaluate fringe benefits, continuously identifying areas to improve and partner with them to drive the benefits communication strategy
- Provide metrics/dashboards on usage and activity for decision-making
- Resolve employee questions and problems by interpreting benefits programs and policies
- Assesses benefit processes/policies and recommend changes to streamline and update current practices
- Build and develop relationships with our vendor and local benefit broker partners
- Lead and provide advice with the customization of Benefits on Workday, and other related systems
What You Bring Along:You thrive in ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view, are data driven and technically savvy and have a real passion for bringing people insights to the business, and you know that sometimes laughter is indeed the best solution.You also have:
- 8+ years of progressive experience in a global benefits role
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong background knowledge in benefits administration
- Excellent project management, written and communication skills
- Energetic and ambitious
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Strong initiative and proven discernment abilities/skills
- Ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures
- Ability to travel as needed
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
#LI-KE1Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Continent Continent Continent Continent , Europe Europe Europe Europe
1 year ago
To extend our team, we are seeking powerful, motivated and agile software engineers to develop and maintain exciting Open Source Cloud solutions. Our engineers work closely with upstream projects and partners in a global environment, to create our enterprise grade private Cloud Computing solution based on SUSE Linux Enterprise and OpenStack and to contribute to the community. We love to learn and to share our knowledge, to give our customers the best experience.The Role
- Work as a level 3 engineer in development
- Focus on troubleshooting challenging, complex, critical, and sensitive customer issues. Recreate complex issues in-house.
- Collaborate efficiently with your Backline and Field colleagues from Technical Support, Pre-Sales and Consulting, globally.
- Build and release Program Temporary Fixes to customers to remedy failures.
- Engage with maintainers and subject matter experts on code fixes and with product management on feature requests.
- Work with projects upstream to integrate changes
- Act as a mentor within development and other departments
- Learn, accumulate and document, transfer knowledge, and act as a multiplier.
- Contribute in escalation conference calls with customers.
- Availability to occasionally be on call after hours and on weekends.
- Occasional travel to customer locations to resolve technical issues.
- Attend and contribute on customer facing conferences, summits, etc.
- A strong sense of responsibility, self-motivation and the ability to prioritize and organize multiple, simultaneous workloads.
- Experience with and the ability to appropriately handle tense and stressful customer situations regarding service outages and production affecting issues.
- A core ethos of doing whatever is necessary to keep the customer happy.
- Experience in software development and troubleshooting on Linux systems
- Programming skills in Python
- Understanding of OpenStack, its components and architecture
- Experience with source code management systems (ideally GitHub) and packaging
- The ability to produce high-quality technical documentation
- Strong communication ability, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills (emails, chat) in English
- Active participation in Open Source communities/projects
- Working with international distributed teams
- Working with technology partners on joint solutions
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge level at least on Linux Professional Institute 2 level or equivalent
- At least three years of experience in a technical support role, or as a system administrator for Linux OS, preferably SUSE or Red Hat. Participating in IT Operations or Devops in an enterprise is a plus.
- Experience with deploying and maintaining an OpenStack Cloud
- Read, understand and modify source code (python, bash, ansible)
- We are a tightly knitted global team that is passionate about Cloud technologies and Open Source development
- We enjoy being successful as a team and consequently foster the values focus, courage, openness, commitment and respect. People matter.
- We offer flexible working hours
- We arrange for regular events to build up relationships and friendship within and across teams. These range from informal meet and drink sessions to themed multi-day events in off-site locations
- We organize regular hackathons and workshops on company, department, and team levels
- At the offices, we maintain a fun and creative work environment with massage room, big open community area, games room (eg. table tennis, pin ball, table soccer, darts, PlayStation, Wii), free flow soft drinks and fresh fruits
- We provide opportunities for travel to conferences around the world
- We are part of the global Open Source community
Country Country Country Country , Germany Germany Germany Germany
1 year ago
Giant Swarm GmbH
We are looking for a Platform Engineer for ContainersYour Job:
- You will be responsible for architecting and building distributed systems
- You will use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- You take part for testing, metrics, continuous integration
- You have experience with more than one language and a strong architectural background. One of these languages is Go.
- You love to automate things and you are used to deploy in production multiple times a day
- You are a profound Linux user
- You have hands-on experience with kubernetes, prometheus and docker are a bonus point
- You prefer to build your applications as multiple services instead of a monolith
- You know the concepts of CAP theorem, paxos/raft concensus, distributed databases and message passing
- We (and our customers) are currently mostly distributed around Europe (around UTC), thus, your main timezone needs to be between -2UTC to +2UTC to ensure better communication.
- Impact, Impact, Impact! We are a remote-first organization with a growing team from 15+ European countries. Every new team member changes the team. This is great! People who know things we don’t are highly welcomed.
- “It's better to ask forgiveness than permission” (Paolini) - sure, it’s not 100% like this, but we have a strong culture of failure which is part of our agile mindset. We don’t do things like in the guidebook. You can try things out!
- We play a key role in our customer's digital transformation. We have partnered up with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft to provide our solution on their cloud platforms - more will follow.
- We serve some of Europe's leading organizations and are talking to many more.
About Giant Swarm GmbH
WHY Giant Swarm?We'd like to give you a glimpse on what working with us is like:Self-organizationCreative work needs freedom and openness. We encourage you to do your work wherever and whenever you want. We expect passion and encourage sustainability. If you need rest, take it. We don't count holidays - we count outcome.TeamworkOur ambitious goals are only achievable as a team. Everybody’s input is highly welcome and appreciated. Although sometimes rules and processes are necessary, we try to keep them as lean as possible. Always question the status quo and find new ways of collaboration and teamwork.LearningLearning is mandatory and fun at the same time. If you realize you want to expand your knowledge in a specific area, we support you with conferences, books etc.BasicsWe offer fair (transparent and open) salaries with benefits like choosing your own laptop and a monthly perk compensation. Additionally, you will participate in our stock options program. Currently our team members have more children than we are employees. So family friendliness is a must.We don't hiring job descriptions, we hire humans. 🙂 We welcome applications from everybody, regardless of ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.Even though English is our company language, we also welcome CVs/applications in German.Interested? Questions? Contact Larissa.
- unlimited holidays
- fair and transparent open salaries
- familiy friendlyness is a must
- choose the time you want to work
- choose the devices you want to work with
- remote work possible
UTC+1 UTC+1 UTC+1 UTC+1 , Time Zone Time Zone Time Zone Time Zone
Giant Swarm GmbH
1 year ago
- Professional experience with PHP 5 and MySQL
- MVC frameworks like Symfony2 or Laravel are a plus
- Ability to build and consume RESTful web services.
- Competent with revision control systems (Git)
- Code optimization and performance improvements
- Knowledge common Design Patterns (SOLID)
- Passionate about writing beautiful and clean code
- Experience with working remotely
- Familiar/involved with open source projects
- Independent, self-motivated
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Proven track record of always learning and growing
- Proactive attitude
- Possess a spirit of generosity
- Get the chance to work with big brands like Riot Games, Fox Broadcasting, Kaplan Inc...
- Live and work in one of our roaming hacker houses (X-Outposts) around the world.
- Work from anywhere as part of a community of digital nomads.
- Join our vibrant community, filled with opportunities to learn new skills together in study groups, join clubs (photography, gaming, etc.) and get free camera equipment/games/conferences/courses/massages/etc., charitable fundraisers, fitness & yoga programs (+gym membership), etc. This is the community to be in if you're a remote developer.
- We’ll provide up to $2,500 in funding for your learning and growth through our Unleash program, which provides opportunities to unleash your potential through initiatives that help you grow as a developer and explore your passions more each day.
X-Team is an international company founded in Melbourne, Australia, that helps companies scale their development teams by providing them with motivated teams of developers from around the world.We are 100% remote and believe in building a world where developers can have access to an environment of growth and incredible opportunities regardless of where they live.We are also a community of people dedicated to unleashing our potential. We’ve fostered a unique, active lifestyle and culture around this idea that continues to attract thousands of developers to apply every day.We proactively support our developers, fund their learning and growth, connect them in roaming hacker housesaround the world, and give them a remote environment that motivates and inspires them on a daily basis. While other companies merely place and drop their talent, we provide unified teams of developers centered around the same beliefs, values, and lifestyle.We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age and aid them in being able to do so properly with the right people. We work with big, innovative brands like Riot Games, Fox Broadcasting, Kaplan Inc., Coinbase, Google, Twitter, Beachbody and more…Who is X-Team meant for?A potential X-Teamer is a developer with experience working on large-scale, remote teams and projects. They are self-motivated, proactive, and have a strong team spirit. If you're tired of the traditional freelancing platforms, you'll be happy to hear that we’re so much more. X-Team is a community of like-minded individuals, carefully chosen to ensure that they can become part of the community of the most motivated people in the world who come together to unleash their potential. What we've created is truly special and not merely a faceless platform. X-Team is where developers go to feel truly at home together while becoming more motivated than they've ever been.
- Get the chance to work with big brands
- Live and work in one of our roaming hacker houses around the world
- Work from anywhere as part of a community of digital nomads
- Join our vibrant community
- We provide up to $2,500 in funding for your growth & wellbeing
- Gym reimbursement
Anywhere Anywhere Anywhere Anywhere
1 year ago
DESCRIPTIONClevertech is seeking a Mobile Developer who has a strong production background in React Native to join us in developing premium native experiences for our consumers. In this role, you will deliver well designed, highly testable, and resilient mobile applications. You will also be instrumental in driving our mobile technology roadmap forward and evangelizing mobile development and testing practices. The successful candidate is both deeply experienced with mobile development and a team player that thrives in a collaborative agile environment.You can deliver quickly while being clever to avoid missteps. You have an effective positive attitude that shines as you show your care about client and colleague concerns. You are always learning and are a transparent communicator even when it is challenging. You thrive on challenging yourself daily and seek to surround yourself with like minded individuals.
REQUIREMENTS* 5+ years of software development experience * React Native experience required * Experience with MobX * Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions * Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills * Knowledge about the Lean Startup and Agile Methodologies * Minimum 3 years of cumulative mobile app development, design, and/or architecture experience with technology experience from at least one of the following areas: * Server-side/Middleware (REST API services, microservices) * Native Applications (iOS, Android)
Our BenefitsWe know that people do their best work when they’re taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.- Competitive Vacation Package - Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development - Flexible Family Leave - Clevertech Gives Back Program - Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit Building, New Skills Training) - Clevertech Swag - Strong Clevertech Community
How We WorkWhy do people join Clevertech? To make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We are truly excited to be creating waves in an industry under transformation.True innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership.We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new.The result? We produce meaningful work
Getting HiredWe hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech.Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.---Want to learn more about Clevertech and the team?Check out clevertech.careers
Anywhere Anywhere Anywhere Anywhere
1 year ago
Tyk is a high-performance API Gateway and Management platform that is used by fortune-500 companies and hip Silicon Valley startups alike. Tyk is an open source project, and we built it so that we could shape the way that people connect the world.We offer a high-availability SaaS platform for users that don’t want the added infrastructure of a full on-premise deployment that powers thousands of mission critical APIs across the world.Our infrastructure needs to be fast, reliable, and robust.That’s where you come in…What can you do with us?We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer that can work with our engineering team to deliver the next generation of the Tyk Cloud and Tyk Hybrid product line. You will work with our DevOps Lead to help with our infrastructure, performance, architecture, implementation and design choices.You’re not alone, you’ll work with our growing team of Backend and Frontend developers, quality engineers and designers. We’re growing quickly, and you’ll be building our fledgling DevOps capability in-house.Last but not least, we’re big believers in internal team development, which means you can help us train and mentor the next generation of developers.We want someone who is independent and capable of taking responsibility for our devops practice. Our thriving community and our enterprise customers are the people you need to satisfy: we are fanatical about listening to our clients and their input drives our project milestones.We need someone who likes to ask questions, listen and then deliver, you’ll be tasked with working to enhance our product range, troubleshooting client issues and build out the product roadmap.
- Very organized and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience deploying MongoDB
- Experience with deploying and scaling Redis or Redis Cluster
- AWS EC2, ECS and related platform experience
- Linux administration and security best practice
- Docker experience
- Experience with working remotely
- Automation and pipelined deployment
- Experience with Azure, Redhat (OpenShift) and other infrastructure SaaS providers
- Are a team player
- Are business fluent in spoken and written English
- Want to work with new stack technologies
- Feel responsible for the quality of the products and features that you ship
- Participate in our product lifecycle, teach and learn from other engineers
- Collaborate across the company to define, design, build, and improve our product
BENEFITSOur early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited holiday.You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
Continent Continent Continent Continent , Europe Europe Europe Europe
1 year ago