What information we collect and how we use it
- When you sign up to receive email updates for job alerts or the blog newsletter we ask that you provide your name and email address. We will never sell your email address or name.
- We use third-party vendors to deliver the newsletter and process payment. We never see, hold, or store your payment details. That is handled by Braintree. Entity Lab shall not be liable to you or any other person for any damages that might result from unauthorized use, publication, disclosure or any other misuse of such payment information, including credit card information. Other third-party vendors include Mailchimp and Google Analytics.
- Like most website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, the date and time of each visitor request, the pages you visit on the Website and the amount of time you spend on the Website. The purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use the Website and it may be used to improve the Website. From time to time, Entity Lab may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its Website.
- We also collect potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users. We only disclose logged in user IP addresses under the same circumstances that we use and disclose personally-identifying information as described below.
- We use this information to to deliver services, personalize the Website for you, enabling your access, send you a newsletter, send you statements and invoices, collect and process payments, send you marketing and other emails.
Legal Basis for Collection of Information
Entity Lab asserts the following legal grounds for the collection of data:
- Explicit Consent — When you sign up for the newsletter or any other account on our Website you provide explicit consent for Entity Lab to collect the above listed personal information.
- Contract — If you enter an agreement with Entity Lab for the provision of services in exchange for payment, we will be required to collect the above listed personal information.
- Legitimate Interests — Finally, Entity Lab may have additional legitimate interests, including account maintenance and administrative purposes, for the collection of the above listed personal information.
Disclosure of information
We will not voluntarily share your name and email provided via the Website to any third party, except:
- With third parties (employees, contractors and affiliated organizations) that we hire to perform services for us (these third parties are not authorized to keep or use your personal information for any other purpose) or
- To comply with legal requirements, such as law, regulation, warrant, subpoena, court order, or with a regulator or law enforcement agency or personnel
Visitor information described above under “What information we collect and how we use it” may be provided to third parties as described below under “Cookies“.
We provide an opt-out function within all email communications of this nature, or will cease to communicate with you for this purpose if you contact us and tell us not to communicate this information to you. The only kind of these communications that you may not “opt-out” of are those required to communicate announcements related to the Services, including information specific to your Account, planned Services suspensions and outages. We will attempt to minimize this type of communication to you.
Age of Consent
Rights to your Information
You have the right to access and edit your information at any time through the web interface provided as part of the Services. On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may access the personal information that we hold, used or communicated and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law. However, to make sure that the personal information we maintain about you is accurate and up to date, please inform us immediately of any change in your personal information by email.
Under the GDPR, you may be entitled to additional rights, including: (i) the right to withdraw consent to processing where consent is the basis of processing; (ii) the right to access your personal information and certain other supplementary information, under certain conditions; (iii) the right to object to unlawful data processing, under certain conditions; (iv) the right to erasure of personal information about you, under certain conditions; (v) the right to demand that we restrict processing of your personal information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, processing is no longer necessary, are processing, or believe your personal information is inaccurate; (vi) the right to data portability of personal information concerning you that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, under certain conditions; (vii) the right object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you, under certain conditions; (viii) the right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities. If you want to learn more about your rights under the GDPR, you can visit the European Commission’s page on Data Protection.
“Aggregated Statistics” means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying users, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Entity Lab may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website and it may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Entity Lab will not disclose your personally-identifying information.
Links to External Websites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, we use “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Google AdWords for remarketing
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss and misuse. Please keep in mind that no Internet transmission or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Some email sent to or from the Website may not be secure. Please consider this when sending information to us by email.